One of my colleague was literally haunting me for this recipe. As I am more of a “eater” than a “cooker” (Lolz.. ), I asked my mom for the recipe. Even after she telling me the recipe for more than a thousand times, I kept forgetting it. So I had the need to record it. Presenting you the awesomest brinjal curry live from my mom’s kitchen.
1) Small sized Brinjals- 1/4 kg approx
Remove the top cap(or whatever you call it) of the brinjal and make 4 half slits. The picture below gives a rough idea.
2) Tomatoes- 2 -(Dice them into small pieces)
3) Pepper balls -5/6 appro
4) Roasted peanut/Sesame seeds Powder – 4 tsp approx
5) Cumin seed powder – 1/2 tsp
6) Tamarind – a small ball (less than a lemon/size of big amla)
7) Salt -pinch/according to taste
8) Curry leaves -few
9) Chilli powder
1) Heat the kadai with oil(a larger amount than used for normal frying)
2) Once hot, add pepper balls….it pops with great sound…..after that….add curry leaves, brinjals and tomatoes and saute them(onnum illa vathakkanum).
3) Close the kadai with a lid for around 5 mins…..the ingredients get cooked
4) After that add chill powder,roasted peanut powder(ammilayum araiklaam),tamarind extract,salt.
5) After that, add water as per requirement.
6) Allow it to boil until everything gets cooked and the dish gets a gravy consistency.
7) Voila!……yummy brinjal curry is ready hot & spicy!
P.S: Don’t blame me ….if it goes wrong…because in cooking and war anything might happen….it was good when my mom made it….post your comments and feedback guys……more recipes coming up…..add you requests if you have any.